Sunday, May 24, 2009

To Ate Not And Nanay

so ive been pulling myself down from the heavens for the past days and i am still putting myself together now. ive been jumping up and down when the results came out and i was static at that moment. yes. that was my moment and when i think about it? i brings shivers down my spine.
how did i learn about the result? well, i was in an internet cafe waiting for my friend Belyn to come over because i have finalize the things that i needed to furnish earlier that day, well, she on the other hand was too busy doing things her way and she has to travel about half an hour the most to get to my location. so there i was on the cafe, waiting and talking to my former classmate, Ronstone who passed the licensure exam last June of 2007. he took the board earlier than us. so i was talking to him and discussing relevant matters. he was talking about the up coming result of the December exam and my very nerves was shaking. i told him that we don't have internet lines at home and there's a need for me to go to a cafe, and even told him to text me if the results were already out.
moments later, Belyn came and we talked about the up coming results which was earlier broadcast on a local radio station and i was frantic about it, i was so into searching for the results but it was said that it will be posted any time of the day. it was like emotions mixed all together in one condition. but calmly i said to myself that what ever the result is, i know, things will be far more different. i prayed silently, oh God, please let me be an RN.
so i asked Belyn to go and find her way to her sister to bring allowance and i will find myself out and go home. as i walked in, i saw my nanay and my ate mimie and they were constantly asking if the results are out and i told them, any time of the day. so i changed my clothes and send an SMS to my friends announcing that the result will be out anytime today and the top 10 was out earlier, sighed deep and prayed : God, please help me.
a minute or two later, my phone beeps and a reply was from my friend, Paul John. he stated : "OUT NA, PASA KA" and i was like... waaaaaaaaaa... my reactions was pretty normal and i was shouting for joy but i also have doubts. i dont wanna be fooled around, well, at least not in this situation, i even asked him if its true and what site did he logged on, he said it is indeed true and he gave me the site, i shouted again like a crazy woman and nanay came running and knocking on the door of my room and was asking what happened, and i was like, i passed the exam, but ill look at the results first, i want to see it for myself. i dressed up and ran towards the nearest internet cafe. then, i was like, shaking and nerve braking, trying to find the website.
then, my ate jing2 called, as i answered the phone, she was crying and said, "jet pasado tang duha. RN na ta... waaaa... RN na jud ta... waaaaaaaaa" and i could hear her from the other line crying and i was jumping for joy and crying and jumping up and down and i could not understand what and how to feel. it was like a dream come true, i cried and cried and searched my name on the list of board passers, right there in front of many students and other people, i was saw my name - 8680 : DE VERA, MIRTHEDLE BIAG --- wow! i passed. i passed! i shouted and cried. not even minding other people as they look and stared at me like i was some psych patient.
from then on, my dear elementary friend called, Krystyne called said "mirth, congratulation, we did it" and i said: "wow! kelan ang kain jan sa inyo?" and i laughed... i payed my bill and went home, i was still talking to Krystyne and went i was finally home, i shouted, "nay, pasado ko and si ate jing2 din" and i was crying and hugging my nanay and i was jumping up and down.
I saw her in front of the computer talking to someone over the phone and she said, "si ate not2 nimo, tumawag, pasado nga daw kayo" and she was crying too. i got the phone and talked to my ate not2 and all i said was -- "te, pasado ko sa exam, nag pay off na imo kalisod og trabaho diha, dili na ta maglisod..." and i was continuously crying, i heard her laughing, and she said, "yeah, im so proud of you jet, congratulations" and i said, "thanks te, talk to you later"
i went inside my room and even cried more harder. then i prayed:
"God, madami pong salamat sa pagbibigay mo ng lisensyang to, thank you so much dahil dalawa kami ng ate ko, saka si Belyn po. saka yung mga friends ko po. salamat po ng marami. salamat dahil hindi mo po ako iniwan. salamat po"
those were my exact words. the way i expressed it. i never prayed so hard in my life. but i really thanks God for His goodness above all.

as i wrote this down and expressed my thoughts and experience, i could not help but cry and cry a lil harder. He gave me everything that i needed. He was always there and He never left my side. it will always be Him that i will forever say thanks to. to God who showered me with countless blessings, to God who stayed with me and listen to all my queries, only Him and nothing but Him.
above all, i would also like to thank my ate not2, for pushing me hard and for pulling my self down when i was flying with mixed emotions and confusions. for working so darn hard just to send me to school, pay the house bills, give adequate allowance, she will always be the wonder woman of the family. i do not know how to express my gratitude and thank you to my sister.
and though i know i wasn't the best sister that you have, i am, after all, the worst, as i describe myself, but you loved and accepted me beyond my imperfection. you never judged me and continued pushing me to strive more and excel more.
it was you who pushed me to take up nursing in the first place and i know my first and second year as a nursing student was really a mess, but i pulled my self and even finished the course though it wasn't my first choice.
when i graduated and we were talking, you encouraged me to take and pass the local exam, and after that, i was all alone with myself. you told me that i need to find my way, because your role as a sister ended when i finished the college degree. and there i was confused and all, and i missed all the arguments that we have just to finish one hard decision.
thank you te.. for being such a wonder woman to us all. i love you and i always do. you always supported every decision that i make now, and i could only promise you one thing. i wont let you and nanay down.
"i have to do better because good is not enough" and that means, i have to pull myself together after one great fall, thats what i learned most.
te not --- salamat sa lahat lahat.

No comments:

Post a Comment