Sunday, May 24, 2009

Horrifying And Dissapointing

I have been writing for so long now, 7 years to be exact. I started out making petty poems way back second year high school and continuously wrote many articles in different genre and most of what i wrote are very personal --- those are my personal struggles in life, my social life and just about anything and everything in my life. Though I never let anyone read my write ups, i kept it to myself because i found it very childish and unreal, i never even posted any of my writings to the school paper or any local newspapers not until the spurt of blog sites and all i did was continuously write my thoughts and let it flow like a water fall. i was then confident with the way things are with my writings. Yes, there are, from time to time, a push and pull of ideas, a mixed un-subsided emotions and all those log and roll thoughts, and through this mistakes, i grow up to be a novice writer (and i still often times envy those people who writes better than i do).
The IELTS (International English Language Test System) exam has 4 parts, these are : Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. And just because i was so eager to take this exam, i even enrolled myself in a decent review center for the IELTS. the only difference with the way i write on blog sites and the IELTS exam is that, blog sites has no rules and no ground-breaking and out-of-nowhere topics, comparing to the IELTS exam where there are limited numbers of words to be expressed out (250 for the second part and 150 on the first part).
Just last Saturday and Sunday, during the exam proper, i flunked out. well, i just concluded that i did because the results are not yet out. i felt so miserable and so stupid for writing so damn words for it was too way out of the line and the thoughts are not concrete. i felt like crying and shouting 'til i ran out of voice. i was even so confident with the 3 parts except for the reading part because i am a slow reader and yet, after the exam, i was in tears with my performance on the writing test. two weeks from now, i will be getting the exam result, though my confidence is low, so thus my self esteem, i will still be hoping for the best. i can still cross my fingers and wish that they will give me decent points.
and now, as i write this, i am just so devastated and lost. *sigh* i will be posting the works i've done during the review month --- just keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment